Swedish massage was developed by Swedish doctor, Per Henrik in the 1700’s. The firm yet calming pressure throughout the treatment characterizes this type of massage.
The five basic strokes of a Swedish massage
During the massage, all of the above strokes are all applied in the direction of the heart. This is done in order to encourage blood circulation and the disposal of bodily waste.
Benefits of a Swedish massage:
- Shortens recovery time from muscular strain
- Increases circulation
- Decrease lactic acid, uric acid and other metabolic wastes
- Stretches ligaments and tendons
- Stimulates the skin and nervous system while soothing the nerves at the same time
- Reduces stress
- Promotes health and well-being
Contact your local registered massage therapist, Esposito Massage, in Port Moody today. We offer daytime and evening appointments for your convenience. Book your Swedish massage appointment today call us at 604-936-4132